Check out this low calorie Healthy Cauliflower Cheese Bake Recipe. It packs all the flavour but is super low in calories. This would go down an absolute storm for you and your partner so give it ago and let me know what you think.
Ingredients: (SERVES 2)
- 5g organic coconut oil or butter
- 2 medium sized leeks, chopped
- 300g cauliflower, grated
- 200ml fresh chicken or vegetable
- stock (see recipe on page 58)
- 15 baby plum tomatoes
- 100g frozen peas
- 1-2 green chillis
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt flakes
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp Italian herb mix
- 80g grated cheddar cheese (use
dairy free cheese if preferred)
- Melt the oil or butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the leeks and cauliflower. Sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add half of the stock and mix well.
- Add the tomatoes, peas and chillis.
- Add the salt, pepper, spices and herbs and sauté until everything starts to soften. Remove from heat.
- Prepare a medium / hot grill. Spoon a layer of the mixture into an ovenproof dish (big enough to contain all of the mixture).
- Add a layer of cheese then another layer of vegetable mixture.
- Top with the remaining cheese.
- Place under grill for around 3 minutes, until the cheese is golden and bubbling.
I always love to see everybody getting involved with making healthy food and the recipes I provide so if you happen to give this ago be sure to tag me on social media using @NoMoreBolics. If you aren’t following me already then you can find me on the links below.
Yours in health and fitness