This one is a must try ladies and gents! The recipe provides 4 portions that can be shared between a family or split out into 4 meals for the week ahead.
Ingredients: (SERVES 4)
- 10g organic butter or coconut oil
- 2 large white onions, finely chopped
- 500g lean beef mince/low fat
- vegetarian mince*
- ½ green pepper, diced
- 3 beef tomatoes, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 red or green chilli peppers
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 15g tomato purée
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 200g tinned kidney beans, drained
- 90g per person cauliflower,
- finely chopped or grated
- salt and pepper
- Heat the butter or oil in a pan over a medium heat and add the onion.
- Fry for several minutes until soft.
- Add the mince and brown all over.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Add the green pepper and beef tomatoes, and cook for several minutes until soft.
- Add the garlic cloves and chilli peppers and cook for one minute.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, tomato purée and cayenne pepper.
- Simmer gently for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the kidney beans and continue to cook for 10 minutes.
- Bring a pan of cold water to the boil.
- Add the cauliflower and simmer gently until cooked (around 2-3 minutes).
- Drain well then serve.
- Once cooled, store any leftover chilli sauce in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze on same day.
I always love to see everybody getting involved with making healthy food and the recipes I provide so if you happen to give this ago be sure to tag me on social media using @NoMoreBolics. If you aren’t following me already then you can find me on the links below.
Yours in health and fitness