This is a much longer recipe but one that will get the taste buds going and can be batch cooked to really give you a lot of meals ahead for the week.
Ingredients: (SERVES 4)
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1 tbsp organic coconut oil or butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 green cardamom pods
- 1 large white onion, finely diced
- 700g extra lean diced lamb, diced
- 1 thumb-sized piece of fresh
- ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 8-10 garlic cloves, peeled and
- roughly chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsps coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 3-4 green chillis, finely chopped
- 200ml cold fresh water
- 160g per person, cauliflower
- handful fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Fill a medium sized saucepan with water and bring to the boil.
- Remove from heat and carefully place the tomatoes in the pan (there should be enough water to cover the tomatoes).
- In a large pan, gently melt the oil or butter.
- Add the bay leaf and cardamom pods and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the onion and fry for around 4 minutes, until softened.
- Add the lamb, and fry for 4-5minutes, stirring regularly.
- In a blender, mix the ginger and garlic, with a dash of water.
- Add the mixture to the lamb, along with the spices, salt and chillis.
- Cook for several minutes, stirring regularly.
- Remove the tomatoes from the pan and carefully peel off the skin.
- Place them in a bowl and mash them thoroughly.
- Add the tomatoes to the lamb.
- Bring to a boil then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the water, bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If the curry looks dry, add a little more water.
- Ten minutes before end of cooking time, bring a small saucepan of cold salted water and bring to the boil.
- Add the cauliflower and cook for 2 minutes then drain.
- Serve the curry garnished with coriander.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze on same day and eat within 24hours of defrosting.**
I always love to see everybody getting involved with making healthy food and the recipes I provide so if you happen to give this ago be sure to tag me on social media using @NoMoreBolics. If you aren’t following me already then you can find me on the links below.
Yours in health and fitness