Ok you beautiful lot, this week I’m bringing you the infamous Turkey Coconut Burgers!
These can be knocked up really quickly and can be added into a bun to create an awesome post workout meal. The left over burgers can be stored and eaten over the following days.
Ingredients: (MAKES 10 BURGERS)
- 750g lean turkey breast mince (use vegetarian mince if preferred*)
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 free range egg
- half a grated coconut
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 5 green chillies (optional), finely chopped
- 3 tsps organic butter or coconut oil
- Place the mince in a large bowl.
- Add all of the other ingredients.
- Using your hands, mix well for 2-3 minutes.
- Form into 10 patties and place on a plate.
- Melt the oil or butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat.
- Gently place 5 of the patties in the pan and fry for 15 minutes, turning halfway.
- Once cooked, fry the other 5 patties.
- Serve with a salad and a squeeze of lemon or lime and a plain yoghurt dip.
Store any leftover burgers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze and eat within 24 hours of defrosting**
I always love to see everybody getting involved with making healthy food and the recipes I provide so if you happen to give this ago be sure to tag me on social media using @NoMoreBolics. If you aren’t following me already then you can find me on the links below.
Yours in health and fitness