Hey you beautiful lot! This week I bring you the famous Low Carb Chilli CheeseBurger Recipe.
This goes down a treat and packs a lot of volume for the calories.
- 250g lean steak mince (use vegetarian mince if preferred*)
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp sea salt flakes
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ small white onion, very finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 3 tsps organic butter or coconut oil
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 30g cheddar cheese, cut into slices (use dairy free cheese if preferred)
- 1 large beef tomato, sliced
- 3 tsps low sugar relish sauce (optional)
- handful fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- Place the mince in a large bowl and gently pound it with a wooden spoon to break it up into small pieces.
- Add the chilli powder, salt, pepper and onion and mix well.
- Add the egg and mix for 2-3 minutes with your hands until the mixture is well combined.
- Shape the mixture into two patties and place them on a plate.
- Melt the butter or oil in a saucepan, remove from heat and brush half of the butter onto both sides of the mushrooms.
- Place the mushrooms on a foil lined grill tray.
- Place the saucepan over a medium heat.
- When the butter or oil starts to bubble, add the burgers.
- Cook for 6 minutes then turn over carefully with a slice and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, prepare a hot grill.
- Place the mushrooms under the grill and reduce heat to medium.
- Grill for 5 minutes each side or until soft.
- Add the cheese slices to the burgers then place under the grill for several minutes, until the cheese has melted.
- Place one mushroom on a plate, top side down.
- Add a burger patty, then a slice or two of tomato, followed by half of the relish (if using) and then top with spinach.
- Add another mushroom, rounded side up to complete the burger.
- Repeat the process again to create the second burger.
- Serve with a leafy green salad.
Store any leftover burger patties in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze on same day.
- 393 Calories
- 11g Carbs
- 40g Protein
- 21g Fat
*Sweet potato fries are additional and will need to be considered into your total energy intake.
I always love to see everybody getting involved with making healthy food and the recipes I provide so if you happen to give this ago be sure to tag me on social media using @NoMoreBolics. If you aren’t following me already then you can find me on the links below.
Yours in health and fitness