Hey you beautiful bunch, I hope you’re having a great week!
Today I bring you one of my favourite recipes – Low Carb Spaghetti Bolognese.
Ingredients: (SERVES 4)
- 10g organic butter or coconut oil
- 3 small white onions finely chopped
- sprig fresh basil leaves and stalks
- chopped roughly 500g lean beef mince/low fat vegetarian mince*
- 100g closed cup mushrooms
- sliced 1 vine-ripened tomato
- diced 1 stick celery
- finely chopped ½ green pepper
- diced 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 25g of tomato purée
- 4 large courgettes
- salt and pepper to season
* Note: Some meat free alternatives contain gluten and/or MSG. Please check the label before you buy!
Heat the butter or oil in a frying pan, over a medium heat.
Sauté the onions until soft.
Add the chopped basil and fry for 30 seconds.
Add the mince and season well with salt and pepper.
When the mince is browned, add the mushrooms, vine tomato, celery, pepper and garlic.
Cook gently for 5 minutes.
Add the tinned tomatoes and purée.
Cook over a medium heat for 20 minutes.
Chop the courgettes into thin spaghetti strips or use a vegetable spiralizer if you have one.
Steam gently for 3-4 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
Once cooled, store any leftover sauce in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze on same day.
This recipe can be found in my main cook book here
If you do give this a go then please be sure to tag me in your pictures on social media :)
You can find me on the below
Yours in health and fitness